Saturday, July 4, 2009

On the bright side

I'm trying to think of some things that are better about living here than living in Manhattan.  It is much easier to come up with this top 20 list than I originally thought it would be:

1.  Getting to live with Love of Life
2.  Closet Space
3.  Farmers Markets that are actually cheaper than supermarkets (in comparison to NYC's Greenmarket Farmer's Markets)
4.  Having a Car
5.  Having a Car and no traffic jams
6.  Not having to lug 8 bags of groceries across town and up 4 flights of stairs.
7.  Target
8.  Large Kitchen with lots of counter space
9.  Multiple rooms to our apt. at a rent of less than it would cost to rent a parking space for a month in Manhattan
10.  Garbage Disposal
11.  Dishwasher
12. CENTRAL AIR
13.  Not having to travel to pick up your packages as in NYC when the USPS/UPS refuses to actually bring the packages to your apt. and simply leaves the stickers that say you are NOT home when you are home and they just are lazy
14.  my amazing BIKE that would have been stolen by now in NYC (I purchased it 2 days ago)
15.  having room for a ginormous king size bed
16.  quiet nights-no street noise
17.  people thinking that my shlubby clothes are 'fancy'
18.  a membership to the Y here costs less than a smoothie at my NY gym
19.  Pilates classes here make me feel like I'm Gwyneth Paltrow as opposed to Danny DeVito 
(like in my NYC classes)
20.  Not having to scramble to afford basic necessities

Wow.  When I read that list I feel pretty good about this move...

2 comments: