Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bridezilla

I may have failed to mention in previous posts that I have not only moved back to the midwest in the last several days, but I am also getting married in about 2.5 weeks...yeah, somehow it slipped my mind...
With all of the moving craziness I was able to put the wedding collage that is my brain on hold for about a week.  It was bliss, believe me.  As excited as I am about this wedding I am just as excited to not have to plan a wedding anymore.  It's really quite stressful!
Today I zipped all over the major great lakes states dealing with wedding related paraphernalia.  I arrived home quite fried.  Dinner, however, had not been fried nor microwaved so I could not relax quite yet.  When I need a nice meal in a pinch one of my favorite recipes is Mustard-y salmon filets.  Every time I make this for someone new they believe that I took all of this time whipping up some sort of sauce, when it reality it couldn't be further from the truth!  We usually eat these filets with a side of short-grain brown rice topped with super sharp English Cheddar (don't knock it till you've tr
ied it) and some sort of green salady goodness.  Oh!  And don't forget a nice cool glass of Vinho Verde!

Mustardy Salmon
Filets of Salmon
Whole-grain Mustard

Preheat oven to 375
Place fish on baking dish skin side down.  
Rub entire filet with a nice coat of grain mustard.  Bake until desired doneness, in my oven that means about 12 minutes.






2 comments:

  1. I love reading these recipes - please keep them coming. I was just thinking today that I never seem to know really easy, yet interesting and tasty, recipes to whip up, and then I come to your blog and find all of these great ones. I'm going to make the Salmon one tonight - I'll let you know how they go.

    Your fellow foody,

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I hope that it works out for you! We time-crunched foodies must stick together :)

    ReplyDelete