Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Salmon resurrection

I ruined salmon. The whole species. It became something I couldn't eat without gagging. Prof. Hubs and I were so over the usual preparations we'd been ingesting the last few months that it became impossible to enjoy. And then I found THIS salmon recipe... A wonderful week night preparation for those evenings when the last thing you want to do is prepare a healthy meal. And somehow, the combination of fennel, onion, and orange made salmon delicious again. I really can't remember the last time I enjoyed a piece of salmon so much!
Salmon with Fennel
(based on a recipe by Ina Garten)
1 Salmon filet
1 fennel bulb, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 onion, cut into thin rounds
olive oil
1/2 tsp dried dill
2 TBSP chopped fennel fronds
2 TBSP orange juice
S&P

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Sautée the onion and fennel in olive oil over med-high heat for 10 minutes. Stir in fronds, dill, orange juice, s&p, cook for 5 more minutes.
Put salmon in oven-safe dish, cover with fennel mixture and bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on your oven and preference of done-ness.
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment