Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mood boosting photo op

I've been having a difficult time balancing my double life of late. So many work opportunities in NYC I am missing because I'm starting to commit to life here in Midwestia.
I'm singing a lead role in THE MAGIC FLUTE with a local opera company and that combined with the upcoming Passover holiday are making it really hard to plan a trip to NY. I'm seeing potential shoots in NY flit past me at lightening speed because I just can't be there to shoot them. It's really stressful. On the flip side, the Spring has sprung (for now) and the greenery is beginning to appear as well as the natural wildlife. And nature's beauty (and bounty-hellooooo farmer's market!) can have a nice calming effect when one is feeling stressed. So can lemons. I put up this giant photo of lemons because I took it last night and have found it calming to gaze at periodically during the day. So, peer and feel refreshed and calmed. And then make a lemon poppyseed cake :)
Check the blog tomorrow for my quick chicken empanadas-they are OUTSTANDING.

1 comment: