Friday, July 9, 2010

Olive Tapenade



Oh, my poor blog! How I have neglected you!
I seem to begin every other post with such exclamations... I should either:
a. Write a blog post more often.
b. Get over myself and realize that, like the diary I kept in grade school, apologies to the page are for my sake and not for the page's.

Just a quick recipe to share before I finish this glass of Dashwood sauvignon blanc (which is a steal, btw, at $9.99!)

OLIVE TAPENADE
(adapted from a recipe by Ina Garten)

1/2 pound good olives, rinsed and pitted. (I used a mix of fancy black olives)
2 Tbsp capers3 anchovy filets, rinsed
(I know, I know...you say you hate anchovies...but, trust me. So do I! But the addition of anchovies cuts the briny olive taste and makes it nice and mellow)
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 Tbsp fresh parsley

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until mixture resembles a coarse paste. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Ohmylord this looks tasty! I might even try to make it!

    I've been a reader of your blog, Arielle, and I think I might've commented (or maybe it was on FB). I know I'll probably never see you and Yuri again...but it was an absolute pleasure to hang out with y'all in Grosse Pointe. You two are the deal.

    I'll keep reading your blog...keep posting!

    (P.S. Nigella Lawson has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I'd love to be one of her dinner party guests...her dishes always look fab!)

    ReplyDelete