Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Salad-Gorgonzola & Peach

Does anyone else feel like Summer is going too quickly? I do!

That is why I have decided to fully embrace the Summer-y-ness as much as possible. Especially the Summer-y-ness of fruits and vegetables.

I love the vast array of produce available this time of year. At ever farmer's market I see a beautiful selection of colors and flavors and I find that I am constantly inspired to create new dishes based on the visual beauty of the ingredients. Every once in a while this appearance-based creativity yields some delicious results. One of which I came upon today during lunch.

I hope you enjoy this Summer salad and put your own spin on it. It is easy enough to make for one or 6.

The Desperate Housediva's Gorgonzola & Peach Salad for one (or six if you can multiply.)
1/2 ripe peach, sliced into wedges and then those wedges halved.
1 large handful mixed greens
1 oz. gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
a few slivers of red onion
1/4 cucumber, peeled and sliced

combine all ingredients and drizzle lightly with dressing (recipe seen below.)

Dressing
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
s&p
Wisk together mustard and vinegar until well mixed. Then add as much olive oil as your tastebuds prefer. Mine like about 4 Tbsp of oil. Add s&p to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment